Friday, February 2, 2018

I am not the doer!

About a week ago, just after I had finished conducting a Sudarshan Kriya and Meditation follow up, a lady came up to me and bowed down to touch my feet. I was taken aback by her sudden gesture, and moved my feet back slightly. It was an awkward moment for me since she was quite senior in age, but at the same time, I felt my ego feel very proud and happy that someone had come to touch my feet. But before this feeling of pride could seep in deeper, a voice from deep within me arose and said - "You fool, she is not touching YOUR feet..through you she is touching the feet of the Master, whose knowledge has helped her experience this deep sense of relief. Her gratitude is meant for Him, you are just the instrument through whom the Master has reached out to her". I immediately realised my folly. This honour and respect she was offering to me was actually meant for our Master. I was just a messenger, a postman who was meant to deliver this to Him. Just as this moment of realisation happened, I closed my eyes and blessed her. As I was blessing her (using the Blessing technique we learn in the Art of Living), I passed on all her offering of gratitude to Gurudev, and prayed to Him to take care of her. That moment, I felt a deep sense of freedom from within. When I opened my eyes, my eyes met hers, and both of us smiled. Her parcel had been delivered safely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment